There are lots of things already happening across south east London:
- An extra £7.5 million a year will help south east Londoners to book a GP appointment at a time of their choosing, with a huge expansion of time slots at evenings and weekends.
- Several of our boroughs already offer extended evenings and weekend services, with an extra 87,000 more GP appointments a year in Southwark alone when working at full capacity. With extra funding, all boroughs will be able to offer appointments 8am to 8pm, seven days a week, by 2019.
- From 2018, all practices will offer online as well as telephone booking, allowing every single patient who chooses to, to manage their prescription and medical records online.
- We are developing community-based teams of family doctors, nurses and others to respond rapidly to people in crisis in their own homes and other settings to address. These teams deliver immediate care and put coordinated care plans in place to help manage on-going care, so that people can stay at home when they would otherwise have been taken to hospital.
- GPs are often a first-point of contact with health services. We are using this relationship to prevent ill health and reduce health inequalities, by focusing on specific areas of prevention and schemes that are working well locally; making every contact count.
Find out more about what's happening in your local area by using the tabs below: